D230 Technology Journey - J. Connolly
The past 5+ years have focused on building the technical foundation to provide the best tools for a dynamic learning environment. This year is especially exciting as all students have a Chromebook. It’s crazy to think about all of the planning, work, anxiety, etc. that we all went through to get us where we are at today. Major moves including going Google, Chromebooks, Canvas, GoGuardian, PearDeck, Wireless, Internet Bandwidth, etc. to name a few. It is that time of year to be thankful and I must say that I am very thankful. I am in awe of our tech department, TIFs, teachers, administration, and students. Our journey to 1:1 has been a collaborative effort with so many key change leaders involved.
I am lucky to have opportunities to discuss and share technology with many IL districts and our hard work is getting noticed. I am contacted weekly by districts and vendors about what we are doing, scheduling onsite visits, and replicating systems/procedures. In comparison to other districts going 1:1, our transition has been super smooth. Not everyone gets to hear and see all of this external feedback, but it should be a sense of pride for everyone!
An interesting thing I notice when talking to other districts is discussions around 1:1 being the end goal. I feel like Chromebooks for D230 have become more foundational by nature. With tools like the Chromebooks in place, the real innovative learning can start. All of our most exciting work can happen now. Our journey is just starting. How exciting is that!
John Connolly
Good post! This is just the beginning...
ReplyDeleteSomeone nominate J. Connolly for an award. This guy changed the game in D230.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sean!
DeleteWe've come a long way from Palm Pilots. Thanks for your future focused thinking and leadership, John.
ReplyDeleteThanks Deb!
DeleteI love that in our district, technology has a positive connotation. It's always "how can technology help or improve things". We are lucky to have John and the technology team to make sure that this happens daily!
ReplyDeleteThank you for these kind words Colleen - it has been awesome to see your usage of tech!
Delete